Nourishment Focus Area Grant
Quimby Family FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 10, 2021 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $25,000
Fields of work: Sustainable Agriculture & Agroecology Horticulture & Gardening Farms & Farming Nutrition & Healthy Eating Food Access & Hunger
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Maine
Location of residency: MaineView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: In 2020, we will only be accepting proposals from organizations who received a QFF grant in the past three years: 2017-2019.
- Community Rooted, Community Grown
- We believe organizations rooted in, and responsive to, community desire are more likely to be relevant, meaningful, and successful. Projects developed and implemented with ongoing involvement from stakeholders and target populations build connectivity and empowerment for Maine communities.
- We prioritize organizations supporting human wholeness and healthy choices for underrepresented populations and geographic regions throughout the state of Maine.
- Mutually Beneficial
- We respect organizations striving for a symbiotic relationship between people and our planet. We are seeking projects that simultaneously improve health outcomes for individuals while protecting or restoring local landscapes.
- Empowering for Health
- We admire organizations empowering individual and community health choices, particularly disease-preventative nourishment and nature-based work, service or play.
- We feel organizations motivating people to continually connect with neighbors and nature are essential to stem the growing tide of social isolation affecting all age groups and many rural communities.
Focus Area: Nourishment
Empowering people to consistently choose regional and plant-based foods that restore human and environmental health.
Strategies include (but are not limited to):
- Promoting participation in community gardens and farms
- Growing knowledge and skills for selecting and preparing healthy, natural, local foods
- Addressing community disparities to access affordable regional foods
- Educating Mainers on the human and environmental health benefits of a regional, plant-based diet
- Expanding gleaning, food waste reduction and composting programs
- Advocating for healthier menu options within institutions
- Building awareness and skills for regenerative, sustainable farming techniques
- Awakening pride and joy from growing food in a family or community setting
- Exploring ecological truths that link humans with nature through daily food choice
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Quimby Family Foundation grants awards to qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations based in Maine whose mission, vision and values are aligned with the Quimby Family Foundation
- Qualifying organizations are required to have a current tax-exempt status 501-c3 designation or a fiscal agent with 501-c3 status.
- We do not fund:
- Non-Maine based projects
- Organizations without a 501(c)(3) certification. (We will accept fiscal sponsors with certification.)
- Direct donations or grants to individuals
- We do not fund projects that are well aligned with one of our focus areas if the organizations mission and traditional work is not
- We are very unlikely to fund
- Nonprofits with an organizational budget over $2,000,000
- Local, State, and National Government Agencies
- Medical Research
- Public or Private Educational Institutions
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Religious and/or faith-based institutions or programs that include religious activities
- Animal Agriculture\If it’s out of state, partnering with a Maine-based group, or Maine chapter, the relationship needs to be long-standing (3+yrs) and the Maine group / chapter needs to be the clear lead – hence, the outreach / application should be from them
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”