Yates Community Endowment (Including Emergency Relief Fund)
Rochester Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Apr 30, 2021
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Community Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Yates County, New York
Location of residency: Yates County, New YorkView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: The typical grant size is$1,000 to $5,000. For Emergency Relief applications, please submit a request reflective of your organization’s need. This may exceed the typical $5,000 limit.
For general grantmaking, the application deadline is Friday, April 30, 2021. Applications for the Emergency Relief Fund are accepted on a rolling basis.
General Grantmaking: To support nonprofit organizations in Yates County.
Emergency Relief Grantmaking: To support nonprofit organizations in Yates County adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Yates Community Endowment plans to support three phases of funding for emergency relief:
- Emergency relief, which focuses on immediate and urgent needs of human service organizations that provide help to the county’s most vulnerable residents;
- Recovery relief, which supports nonprofits as they return to normal operations and typical staffing; and
- Resilience relief, which helps nonprofits that are crucial to our communities’ ability to thrive.
Successful applications will:
- Focus on an unmet need.
- Offer broad community benefit.
- Be rooted in the local community and build on local strengths.
- Be preventive rather than remedial (remedial projects may be considered if innovative).
- Avoid duplication with other programs or services.
- Demonstrate that the project can be sustained if the project is expected to continue beyond the grant period.
- Be able to measure the project’s success and its results in the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization.
- Funds must be used in Yates County and benefit Yates County residents.
- Applications for general operating support will also be considered.