Rachael Ray Save Them All Grants
Best Friends Animal Society
Predicted deadline: Sep 30, 2023 4:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
About Rachael Ray Foundation™
The Rachael Ray Foundation™ is funded by a portion of proceeds from each sale of Rachael's pet food, Nutrish®. The Foundation was launched by Rachael in 2016 to better support the causes she cares for most such as helping animals in need.
The Rachael Ray Foundation and Best Friends Animal Society are committed to helping Best Friends Network Partners increase lifesaving in their communities through impactful, innovative, and inclusive programming. Every year, there are two types of Rachael Ray grants for which partners can apply.
Grants for Animal Rescue to Save More Lives: The Rachael Ray Save Them All Grants
The Rachael Ray Save Them All Grants fund projects to reduce the lifesaving gap of cats and dogs in U.S. shelters. We welcome project proposals from public and private shelters, rescue groups, and other animal welfare organizations that enable lifesaving in a community.
The Rachael Ray Save Them All Grants fund projects that increase lifesaving of cats and dogs in U.S. shelters. We welcome project proposals from public and private shelters, as well as rescue groups and other animal welfare organizations focused on impacting lifesaving at shelters.
Your organization can apply for a grant of up to $50,000, with the amount requested not exceeding 10% of your operating budget. The average grant awarded last year was just under $13,000, therefor granting may only cover partial funding needed for your project.
- Projects can be focused on just one event/program or can include multiple events/programs.
- Proposed projects should align with regional priorities. Projects that satisfy these priorities will have the largest impact on lifesaving in each region.
- We welcome project proposals from public and private shelters, rescue groups, and other animal welfare organizations that enable lifesaving.
- If the applicant that is applying is an organization that is already no-kill, their project needs to be impacting a shelter that has a lifesaving gap and has not achieved a 90% save rate.
- If awarded, the applying organization will need to submit quarterly impact statistics of how many lives were impacted through the project.
- The impacted shelter’s intake and outcome data will need to be submitted as well, in order to calculate the reduction in gap to 90%, which will measure success of the project.
- Best Friends will make calculations for reduction in lifesaving gap after all data points are submitted. These two metrics (impacts and reduction number in lifesaving gap) will be used for grant accountability and measuring success.
Before you begin an application, please review the priorities for your region to ensure that your project aligns.
Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina
South Central: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
Great Plains: Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
Mountain West: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
Northeast: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
Pacific: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
Midwest: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Mid-Atlantic: District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- All applicants must be approved Best Friends Network partner organizations as of Monday August 23rd, 2021 at 5pm MST
- Click here to see if your organization is already a network partner.
- If not, here's where you can learn how to become one.
- Programs must be implemented within the United States.
- Awarded grant funds must be spent within a one-year period.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Save Them All grants are open only to Best Friends Network partners.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”