Inlaks Ravi Sankaran Programme: Internship Abroad
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
Predicted deadline: Apr 20, 2022 12:00am PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500
Fields of work: Environmental Conservation Ecology Zoology
Applicant type: Graduate Student, Postdoctoral Researcher, Unaffiliated Researcher, Working Professional
Funding uses: Conference, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: India
Location of citizenship: India
Age restriction: No more than 30 years of age
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation supports biodiversity conservation in the areas of field biology, ecology and conservation through the Inlaks Ravi Sankaran Programme.
An Internship with an institution abroad: The programme will fund one or two candidates to carry out an internship of six weeks to one year with a university research group, NGO, government agency or organization known for its work in conservation science and practice abroad. The purpose of the internship is for recipients to gain experience and insight in field ecology and conservation beyond what they would ordinarily gather from an academic programme and to facilitate interaction with the larger international community involved in conservation science and implementation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Internship opportunity and Small Grants are open to Indian nationals’ resident in India at the time of application with a demonstrated deep interest in wildlife ecology and conservation through prior involvement in this field.
- Applicants must have a Bachelors’ degree in any subject and must be below 30 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate their commitment to conservation and strongly justify how the opportunity will further conservation in India. The Foundation particularly seeks young applicants with bold and unconventional ideas for tackling conservation problems.
- All the applications will be screened by a committee of experts and shortlisted candidates will be informed
- Applicants for the Internship must submit their offer letter from the foreign institution along with the completed application form
- Candidates that have been shortlisted for the Internship opportunity will be called for an interview in Mumbai. Details of which will be communicated.
- The Internship and Small Grant recipients must submit a detailed interim report and a final report at the end of their term. All reports must contain an accounting of funds spent.
- Candidates will retain all rights over information generated during the tenure of the opportunity. They must acknowledge support received from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation when and where they publish this work
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”