Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program: Small Research Grants
Inlaks Shivdasani FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to ₹200,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: India
Location of residency: India
Location of citizenship: India
Age restriction: No more than 30 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program fundsfor a conservation research or implementation project within India.
The Program will fund up to 5 recipients to carry out an initial project of up to 1 yr that is expected to lead to a longer-term conservation science and/or implementation project. Thus, this program provides “seed money” for what may ordinarily be viewed as an unconventional or risky project.
Recipients of an initial Small Grant may apply for follow-up funding. When doing so, they must demonstrate the success of the pilot project and show how subsequent funding is essential to bring out the conservation benefits of the project. . Where appropriate, applicants for a small grant are encouraged to consider and include the potential role that local communities can play in conservation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to Indian nationals (who must also be resident in India at the time of applying) with a demonstrated deep interest in wildlife ecology and conservation through prior involvement in this field.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree in any subject, and should normally be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate their commitment to conservation and strongly justify how the fellowship will further conservation in India.
- Activities funded by the Small Grants program should ordinarily be carried out in India.
- Funding is provided for stipend and project expenses (not exceeding Rs 2 lakh per year in total).
- Ravi Sankaran Masters and Internship Fellows are not eligible for project/research funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program: Small Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.