Ray Charles Foundation Grant
Ray Charles Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Biomedical
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
General Grant Focus
The Ray Charles Foundation's mission is to administer grants for scientific, educational and charitable purposes; to encourage, promote and educate, as to the causes and cures for diseases and disabilities of the hearing impaired and to assist organizations and institutions in their social educational and academic advancement of programs for the youth, and carry on other charitable and educational activities associated with these goals as allowed by law.
Types of Support
The Ray Charles Foundation considers funding for educational programs that provide academic services to disadvantaged and underprivileged youth in the area of arts, sciences, college preparation, after school tutoring. Funding is favored for educational programs and resources for youth with hearing disorders and/or who are visually impaired or blind. Lastly, funding will be considered to qualifying institutions and museums whose mission it is to provide musical, cultural education and access to the arts to underprivileged and disadvantaged youth.
The Ray Charles Foundation funds programs and projects that show promise of strengthening the community beyond the grant period. We respond to programs and projects that offer maximum community impact to achieve long-term results.
Types of Grants
Program must advance the mission of the Foundation in the following program categories:
Education - May include Grants to qualifying institutions whose mission is to provide educational services to disadvantaged and underprivileged youths. Such services may include, but are not limited to, after school programs, academic activities aimed at college preparation for the underprivileged and academic/therapy services for youth who are blind and/or deaf.
Hearing Disorders - May include Grants toward the research and the treatment in the area of hearing disorders and educational programs and resources for youth with hearing disorders.
Culture and the Arts - May includes Grants to qualifying institutions and museums whose mission it is to provide musical, cultural education and access to the arts to underprivileged and disadvantaged youth.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization that is certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code is eligible for consideration.
- Applicants must be a public charity in existence for a minimum of three years.
- All programs must address issues, concerns or opportunities by organizations incorporated and delivering services in the United States.
- The Ray Charles Foundation grants are awarded for a limited period of time and most grants will be limited to one year in duration.
- Multi-year funding will be considered on an exceptional case by case basis.
- Read FAQ for further guidelines.
- Funding is favored for educational programs and resources for youth with hearing disorders and/or who are visually impaired or blind.
- The Foundation does not fund organizations and programs outside of the United States.
- Funding for capital or construction will be considered on a case by case basis but is not encouraged.
- The Foundation generally does not approve grants to organizations on a continuing annual basis.
- If an agency applies for a 'one year grant' more than three years in a row, they will be declined and asked to wait at least two years before applying again.
- While requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, applicants should note that as a general practice, the Foundation does not fund the total cost of a capital, program, or capacity building budget.
- Requests should be proportional to the amount of the specific capital, program, or capacity building budget, or in the case of core support, the size of the agency’s operating budget.
- The Foundation will not make grants for ongoing operating expenses.
- Requests for payroll expenses are discouraged.
- Requests for ‘one-time events’ such as sponsoring a concert, a museum or other such field trips for students are not encouraged.
- We do not accept request for emergency funding.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ray Charles Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.