RecycleCT Innovation Grant
RecycleCT Foundation, Inc.
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 28, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Connecticut
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The goal of the Innovation Grant is to fund new and innovative processes, programs, or demonstration projects in the areas of waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting in Connecticut. The Innovation Grant targets sustainable materials management initiatives that advance local, regional, or statewide knowledge and participation in building sustainable alternatives for materials otherwise destined for disposal.
RecycleCT Innovation Grant proposals should demonstrate applications, technologies, processes or programs that are new, innovative, or experimental in the areas of waste reduction, reuse, recycling, and/or composting. New, innovative, or experimental proposals may include the development of strategic implementation or best management practices, community or sector-specific initiatives, scalable pilot projects or demonstrations, sustainable materials management training and technical assistance, or public education and outreach campaigns.
The RecycleCT Foundation will consider proposals that:
- Increase activities in Connecticut related to waste reduction, reuse, recycling and/or composting.
- Create and leverage partnerships within neighborhoods, communities, or regions in Connecticut.
- Provide evidence that the applicant will deliver on its promise in the specific proposal under consideration based on capacity (experience, committed resources, and management expertise), track record, and evidence of support.
- Plan to measure the impact of the work and the ability to report results.
- Develop a budget that is clear and aligns with the project goals.
- Demonstrate the potential for scalability or sustainability after the end of the grant funding period.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must hold 501(c)(3) or other tax-exempt status, or work with a fiscal sponsor.
- Eligible applicants may include :
- higher education institutions,
- municipal or regional planning organizations,
- special districts (e.g., school districts, public housing authorities), and
- nonprofit organizations (including institutes, alliances, or trusts).
- Your organization may apply for a RecycleCT Innovation Grant even if you are not based in CT.
- However, programs and projects need to be conducted in and for the benefit of CT residents, businesses, or school.
- Preferential consideration is given to proposals that:
- Have the potential to become new best practices, applicable locally or statewide.
- Demonstrate the greatest reach or impact in sustainable materials management.
- Secure some matching financial and/or in-kind support for their projects. The RecycleCT Foundation may choose to fund a portion of the project budget that best fits within the foundation guidelines or contact an applicant for further discussion.
- A demonstration project that aims to fund and/or carry out a routine or established practice is not considered new or innovative for the purposes of the grant.
- In addition, proposals that use funding primarily to purchase recycling equipment (e.g. trucks, crushers) and/or recycling supplies (e.g., recycling bins) are not eligible for funding.
- RecycleCT Foundation funds MAY NOT be used for:
- Capital campaigns, purchase of real estate, or endowments
- More than 15% of general operating expenses associated with proposed project
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RecycleCT Innovation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.