Reed and Carolee Walker Fund: Walker Legacy Grants
Oregon Community Foundation
Grant amount: More than US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 10, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Jackson County, Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Reed and Carolee Walker Fund
This fund was established at OCF in 2003 by a generous bequest from Ashland residents Reed and Carolee Walker. It represents a permanent endowment, with earnings to be used exclusively to support programs for the needy in Jackson County.
Walker Legacy Grants
Improving the Health and Well-Being of Children in Poverty
The program generally awards multi-year grants of $25,000 or more per year. Priorities include
- children’s dental health,
- children’s mental health, and
- substance abuse treatment for pregnant and parenting adults.
Grants are awarded to organizations with a history of success that are prepared to demonstrate measurable results.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a qualified 501(c)(3) organization.
- Only projects serving Jackson County are eligible for Walker Funds.
- Large organizations with distinctly different program areas may submit more than one application per year to the Reed and Carolee Walker Fund; however, we encourage multiple requests to be combined into a single application when possible
- Preference is given to
- collaborative efforts;
- those that show a creative use of community resources;
- those that intervene early or at crisis points.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Reed and Carolee Walker Fund: Walker Legacy Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.