Reef Ball Foundation: Matching Grant Program
Reef Ball FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Applicant type: Faculty Organizations Working Professional
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
Our mission is to rehabilitate our world's ocean reef ecosystems and to protect our natural reef systems using Reef Ball artificial reef technologies. Reef Balls are artificial reef modules placed in the ocean to form reef habitat.
We have placed Reef Balls™ in 62+ countries and our projects have a global reach of 70+ countries. We have conducted over 6,000 projects and deployed over 1/2 million Reef Balls.
Our projects include designed artificial reefs, ground breaking coral propagation and planting systems, estuary restoration, red mangrove plantings, oyster reef restoration, erosion control (often beach erosion), and expert collaboration on a variety of oceanic issues. We work with governments, other NGOs, businesses, schools, research institutes, private individuals and community organizations and emphasize education on preserving and protecting our natural reefs
Matching Grant Program
- The Reef Ball Foundation provides matching support for reef creation projects in the form of Reef Ball molds.
- Qualifying grantees may purchase unlimited sizes or numbers of molds from us at our cost (40% off retail).
- If you elect to purchase finished Reef Balls, you are entitled to 10% off retail pricing from authorized contractors.
A training manual is provided with molds, but if recommended on site training is elected the grantee will enjoy a 1/3 discount on training fees from our trainers. If salaried foundation trainers are used there will be no training fees charged.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The project must be for public benefit.
- Projects must show evidence of a funding and/or community support.
- Grantee must have access to e-mail.
- Reef Balls under this program cannot be used for erosion control projects under this grant unless a VERY significant public gain can be demonstrated.
- There are no matching discounts for shipping charges, tools, admixtures or other accessories.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Reef Ball Foundation: Matching Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.