Reeves Foundation: Macular Degeneration Research Grant
Carl Marshall Reeves and Mildred Almen Reeves Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $125,000
Deadline: Sep 1, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Carl Marshall and Mildred Almen Reeves Foundation was formed in 1997 by Mrs. Mildred Reeves in honor of her late husband, Carl Reeves. Mrs. Reeves' life explains the Foundation's purpose. Mrs. Reeves was a very generous woman who enthusiastically supported local community organizations. Mrs. Reeves was particularly interested in education, history, and the arts. Both Mrs. Reeves and her brother had macular degeneration of the eye. In her later years, Mrs. Reeves' lifestyle was dramatically affected by her condition; she passed away in 1999 at the age of 96.
Purpose of the Foundation
- 50% of grants to be used for macular degeneration of the eye research
The policy of the Foundation is to fund projects themselves or capital expenditures.
For macular degeneration requests we try to evaluate the scientific potential. Direct research expenditures are appropriate for macular degeneration requests. Normally we focus on research facilities of various universities and medical centers throughout the United States.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit charitable organizations that are exempt from federal taxes under section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Revenue Code can apply for grant.
- Normally we focus on research facilities of various universities and medical centers throughout the United States.
- More than one request can be received from the same organization.
- However, please realize that each year our budget of grants to be awarded and number of requests vary.
- So please keep in mind that you are in essence “competing” against yourself.
- If you have multiple requests, providing us a priority of those items would be appreciated.
- Similarly, your organization can apply for a grant each year and receive awards in multiple years.
- Typically, we give higher priority to equipment or capital expenditures.
- Also, we like to see matching dollars, a partner of your funding from other sources, or from your own cash reserves
- Your organization’s history and financial stability are also considered.
- Another criteria is what we feel would be the overall impact of our dollars.
- We also try to honor what we feel were Mrs. Reeves philanthropic ideals.
- The monies awarded may not be used for any overhead, indirect administrative costs, or endowment funds.
- Generally, the foundation does not fund normal operational items, supplies, consumables, salaries, administrative or overhead items.
- Normally, we do not fund multiyear requests.
- Exceptions would be for a building or a long term project.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Reeves Foundation: Macular Degeneration Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.