Regina B. Frankenberg Foundation Grant - Companion Animals
Regina Bauer Frankenberg FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $150,000
Deadline: Jul 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Dutchess County, Kings County, Nassau County, New York County, Orange County, Putnam County, Queens County, Richmond County, Rockland County, Suffolk County, Westchester County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Dutchess County, Kings County, Nassau County, New York County, Orange County, Putnam County, Queens County, Richmond County, Rockland County, Suffolk County, Westchester County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Regina Frankenberg directed that the remainder of her estate be used to establish a foundation to support organizations and programs that promote the care, conservation, treatment, well-being and prevention of cruelty to animals.
Animal welfare, through two focus areas:
- Protecting endangered and threatened species by supporting conservation and research (see separate grant page here); and
- Reducing the homelessness, mistreatment and euthanasia of companion animals through adoption, training, spay/neuter and other programs by providing capacity building and infrastructure grants to organizations doing this work.
Geographic focus with respect to companion animals:
- New York City and neighboring counties.
Type of Support:
- Project, capital and capacity building
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must be classified by the Internal Revenue Service as public charities and tax-exempt under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
- Organizations requesting support must have annual operating budgets of $250,000 or more.
- The Foundation typically does not provide general operating support.
- No grants are made to individuals or private foundations or for matching gifts or loans.
- Organizations receiving support must not engage in or supply animals for vivisection.
- The Foundation does not provide support for projects in which animals are held in captivity and also does not make grants to wildlife sanctuaries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Regina B. Frankenberg Foundation Grant - Companion Animals by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.