Regional Impact Grants
Community Foundation of North Central Washington
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Washington: Chelan County, Douglas County, Okanogan County
Location of residency: Counties in Washington: Chelan County, Douglas County, Okanogan County
The Regional Impact Grant (RIG) is the Community Foundation of NCW’s largest grant funding opportunity for nonprofits in the NCW region. The RIG program has funded over $3.7 million in charitable work that has helped improve lives and enhance our communities.
Offered once per year, the Regional Impact Grants support general operating needs and/or specific projects for eligible charitable organizations in Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan Counties in Washington.
Grant awards will be published in an online giving catalog, Give NCW, with the goal of leveraging the community’s support to help complete the goal for the total grant request.
Activities Considered for Support
- Programs and projects that serve a broad sector of the community (or a particularly vulnerable or at-risk population) and help resolve important existing or emerging community issues.
- Programs and projects that will enable nonprofit and charitable agencies to reduce costs, increase efficiency and move toward self-sufficiency.
- “Seed Grants” to initiate promising new projects and programs so that such projects and programs are able to demonstrate their usefulness to the community
- Final funding for capital campaigns. Capital campaign must be at least 70% complete before CFNCW will consider for a Regional Impact Grant.
- General operating support.
Regional Impact Grants support a variety of programs that meet community needs and enhance the quality of life across North Central Washington.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Grants are for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties, with the exception of those that serve the Methow Valley.
- Government entities, (excluding public educational institutions,) and religious organizations defined by the IRS in Section 170(c)1 or 170(b)1A are also eligible.
- All other organizations are required to have a 501c3 fiscal sponsor prior to submitting a grant request.
- Grantees who have received a Regional Impact Grant must wait out one grant cycle (one year) before reapplying.
- Grant applicants must be responsible fiscal agents practicing general accepted accounting principles.
- CFNCW will award a portion (up to 75%) of the overall request, based on several factors, and the remaining amount will be published on GiveNCW for the public to help complete.
- Special attention will be given to those grant applications which include collaboration between two or more nonprofit applicant organizations in carrying out the proposed project(s).
- Multiple Regional Impact Grant applications in any one grant cycle from the same organization will not be accepted (exception is for organizations acting as fiscal sponsor for community projects or programs)
- Activities Generally NOT Considered for Support:
- Endowment, annual fund drives, budget deficits and debt reduction
- Multi-year grants
- Religious based activities
- Grants will not be made for religious purposes but may be made to faith-based organizations for the non-religious programs offered to the broader community.
- Funding for items purchased or activities completed prior to grant decisions
- Sponsorships for fundraising, for-profit events or recurring events directly related to organizational fundraising
- Grants for political campaigns or organizations that directly or indirectly participate in them
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Regional Impact Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.