Reidsville Area Foundation Grant
Reidsville Area FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2020, Aug 1, 2020, Oct 1, 2020, Dec 1, 2020, Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Rockingham County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
- While we accept online funding applications at any time, we are always available to discuss your project with you prior to submission, especially if you are a first-time applicant to the Reidsville Area Foundation. Please call us in order to schedule a grant consultation and to discuss whether your project and your organization's vision and goals align with our vision.
The Reidsville Area Foundation was formed in 2001 with the proceeds from the merger of Annie Penn Hospital with Cone Health. As a private, nonprofit foundation, we are governed by an independent board of directors.
We provide grants to strengthen organizations, initiatives and programs working to improve the education, health, and quality of life of residents of Rockingham County
We are motivated by a vision of a thriving Rockingham County, where diversity and civility co-exist and all members of the community feel valued and supported. We believe that a thriving community is one where every resident has opportunities to participate in the social, economic, and civic life of the community.
We envision a community where residents value public education that begins in early childhood, participate in a thriving local economy, and have opportunities to be active and enjoy both mental and physical wellbeing. We believe that a healthy community is one where members are connected to one another, recognizing and valuing both commonalities and differences
How We Work
We identify and work closely with partners - nonprofit organizations, local government agencies, and public institutions - who share our vision. These partnerships will develop and support programs and initiatives that bring one or more aspects of our vision to reality. We support efforts to convene community partners around public education, early childhood services, health and wellness, and community development.
Furthermore, we commit to modeling our values around equity and courageous leadership. We use an equity lens in our work as grantmakers and community partners, ensuring that we see and address disparities. We lead as facilitators, partners, and conveners. We value the diversity within our community and operate in ways that encourage and inspire connections across differences.
What We Do
We actively pursue our vision through our grantmaking, supporting transformative initiatives and strategic projects in early childhood and public education, health and wellness, and community development.
Our goal is to transform and significantly improve the education, health, and quality of life of the citizens of Rockingham County.
We see our role as helping our community partners to create pathways to success in these areas and to build bridges over obstacles for residents of Rockingham County.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- If your organization is a public charity, governmental unit, or public institution and you share our vision for a progressive Rockingham County that offers opportunities for all residents, we'd love to talk about how we might work together.
- We only fund projects that benefit residents of Rockingham County and your work must align with one of our focus areas:
- education, health and wellness, or community development.
- We do not provide grants to individuals or operate direct services.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Reidsville Area Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.