Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences: Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Bermuda
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
An REU internship at BIOS is a great way to gain the experience necessary to embark on graduate studies or careers in the marine and atmospheric sciences!
Students will conduct independent projects under faculty and staff supervision within several research areas including:
- Biology, chemistry, and physics of the open ocean
- Biology, physiology, and biochemistry of reef building corals and reef ecosystems
- Molecular biology of marine organisms
- Environmental chemistry of Bermuda's atmosphere and inshore waters
- Effects and consequences of global environmental change
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Students who have completed at least one year of undergraduate study and who will still be undergraduates in the fall of 2016
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants may be ineligible if they have participated in a previous NSF-funded REU in Ocean Sciences (other disciplines are eligible to apply)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences: Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.