The Arthritis Health Professions Association: Research Grants
Arthritis Health Professions Association (AHPA)
Grant amount: US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 16, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Arthritis Health Professions Association (AHPA), in partnership with The Arthritis Society (TAS), National, offers an award in the form of a research grant.
Types of funding that this grant will support include:
- Seed funding:
- To assist arthritis health professionals (members of AHPA) to improve their ability to compete for funds from voluntary, professional and government funding agencies.
- This type of funding is intended to support the development of a research protocol. It will assist in defraying costs involved in the development of research protocols for the fields of predictive research, clinical research, health care research, and instrument validation.
- This type of funding may be used to employ assistants (technical or professional), to remunerate professional advisors, to defray the costs of gathering the relevant information (computerized searches, photocopies) and to support travel costs directly related to the development of the protocol. It supports development of both qualitative and/or quantitative research relevant to arthritis care.
- Project funding:
- To support research projects that are designed to further develop the art and science of arthritis care conducted in Canada with a focus on care provided by arthritis health professionals.
- This type of funding is for the support of research projects with a defined objective.
- These grants may be used to employ assistants (technical or professional) or student trainees, to remunerate professional advisors, to purchase materials and supplies, and to support travel costs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are open to Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, or people who reside in Canada (for the duration of the grant) with a valid work or student visa.
- The principle investigator must be a member of AHPA.
- If research involves human subjects, approval of the study is required from a Research Ethics Board
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. This award is only offered to AHPA members. In the case of co-principal investigators, at least one of the co-PIs must be a current member of AHPA.
- Applicants who have received two or more awards within the past five years are not eligible to apply.
- Funds do not cover capital equipment costs or space.
- Grant funds may not be used for the remuneration of the investigators directing the project.
- There will be no renewals of this research grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arthritis Health Professions Association: Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.