Mazamas - Standard Research Grant
MazamasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $3,500
Deadline: Jan 15, 2021
Applicant type: Working Professional Graduate Student Faculty Undergraduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Preferred: Oregon, Washington Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
The Mazamas are a mountaineering organization based in Portland, Oregon, and were organized on the summit of Mt. Hood in 1894. The purposes of the Mazamas are to explore mountains, disseminate authoritative and scientific information concerning them, encourage the preservation of forests and other features of mountain scenery in their natural beauty, and enhance the enjoyment and safety of outdoor recreation. Anyone who has climbed to the summit of a mountain on which there is a living glacier is eligible for membership. The word “Mazamas” is derived from a Native American term for the mountain goat.
The Mazamas is dedicated to the exploration and preservation of mountain environments in the Pacific Northwest. Mazama activities include gathering and disseminating scientific information concerning the natural features of mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes. Investigations of geologic features, biotic communities, and human endeavors pertaining to the enjoyment and safety of outdoor recreation are all relevant research topics.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any individual or organization conducting nonprofit research consistent with the interests and activities of the Mazamas is eligible to submit a proposal.
- The suggested category for faculty and principal investigators is the “Standard Research Grant”.
- Graduate/Undergraduate students may submit a “Standard Research Grant” application if they wish, but have to be aware that this category is much more competitive than the suggested Graduate/Undergraduate Student Research Grant
- Your proposal will garner particular attention if it addresses issues that are local to the Pacific Northwest (primarily OR and WA), has clear connection to climbing and transfer-value to Pacific Northwest climbing, or is in another way related to Mazamas goals.
- We particularly encourage proposals that examine the changing alpine environment--its causes and consequences.
- Most successful applicants are graduate students or experienced scientists performing field studies in the Pacific Northwest.
- Proposals cannot be submitted simultaneously under the Standard Research Grant and Graduate/Undergraduate Student Research Grant programs. Any proposal simultaneously submitted to both will automatically be disqualified from both programs.
- Proposals other than those described above generally are discouraged, although you should feel free to contact the Mazamas if you have a different concept that you think might be appropriate for submission.
- The Mazamas does occasionally fund special research projects that fall outside of our standard guidelines
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mazamas - Standard Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.