Saint Luke's Foundation Grantmaking (Applications over $15,000)
Saint Luke's Foundation Of Cleveland, Ohio
Grant amount: More than US $15,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2019, Jul 2, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The grantmaking process begins with "Get Acquainted Meetings". Only after reviewing the “Who Can Apply” section, and determining if you are a fit, then please contact Angel Johnson to schedule this meeting in advance of submitting an application. In lieu of a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), these meetings help determine a fit between the organization and the Foundation.
First Year Funding Priorities
The Saint Luke's Foundation provides support to organizations involved in addressing issues of health equity and social determinants of health as outlined here. There are many organizations and programs that address these issues and we recognize that we can do it all all of the time. Thus, the board has set forth the following priorities for 7/1/2018 - 12/31/2019:
- Abate environmental triggers (such as lead and mold) affecting safety of housing
- Demolition and rehabilitation in the Saint Luke's neighborhood (Buckeye, Woodland Hills, Mt. Pleasant and Shaker Square/Larchmere)
- Efforts related to sustaining and building thriving commercial corridors in the Saint Luke's neighborhood
- Improve public safety in the Saint Luke's neighborhood
- Increase education and awareness of the effects of trauma and toxic stress and prepare organizations to better equipped to handle this
- School and community infrastructure around availability of fresh, local and healthy food
- Policy efforts involving Medicaid
- Education and registration of voters in disenfranchised neighborhoods in Cuyahoga County
- Effective lead legislation
Saint Luke's provides funding for the following:
- General operating
- Program support
- Capacity building
- Capital project
Grant applications over $15,000 must be reviewed and approved by the board.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be either an organization designated as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, with a non-private foundation status with the IRS, or a governmental unit or agency.
- The Foundation provides grants to organizations supporting Cuyahoga County’s underserved communities.
- Saint Luke's Does Not Fund:
- Religious organizations for religious or evangelical purposes
- Projects outside Cuyahoga County that do not directly benefit Cuyahoga County residents
- Fundraising events
- Endowment funds
- Biomedical research
- Debt retirement or reduction
- Private Foundations or public charities with 509(a)(3), Type III, Non Functionally Integrated designation from the IRS
- Organizations that in their constitution, by-laws or practices discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Saint Luke's Foundation Grantmaking (Applications over $15,000) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.