RRF: Responsive Grants - Advocacy
Retirement Research FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $160,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Mar 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), May 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Jun 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Aug 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Retirement Research Foundation’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our nation’s older adults. RRF is one of the first private foundations devoted exclusively to aging and retirement issues. As the issues facing an aging population gain ever-greater urgency, the Foundation remains committed to supporting innovative solutions that enhance the lives of older Americans.
Responsive Grants - Advocacy
The Retirement Research Foundation funds advocacy projects that have a regional or national impact for older Americans. Of particular interest are projects that:
- Advance policy issues of critical importance to our nation’s seniors such as economic security, health care, housing, etc.
- Use clearly focused and strategic efforts to address systemic problems;
- Forge partnerships with organizations to achieve better use of resources and to share knowledge.
Organizations applying for Advocacy Grants will:
- Maintain a separation between their lobbying and advocacy work;
- Describe the activities to be funded by RRF;
- Acknowledge in writing that RRF funds will not be used for lobbying efforts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Advocacy Grants are provided to nonprofit organizations that are:
- Tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; OR non-profit organizations that are not required to have a 501(c)(3) designation, such as state-funded universities;
- Proposing a project that may have a significant focus on older adults, ages 65 and above.
- For applicants from universities or hospital organizations, please note that RRF prefers that the applicant is the university or the hospital, rather than a foundation affiliated with the university or hospital.
- While RRF is committed to funding effective advocacy programs, RRF grant funds cannot be used for lobbying efforts to win or defeat any specific pieces of legislation.
- In addition, RRF does not fund:
- General operating support;
- Conferences or fundraising events ;
- Governmental agencies, except for state universities, area agencies on aging, and programs of the Veterans Administration.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RRF: Responsive Grants - Advocacy by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.