Randle Travel Bursary
Royal Forestry SocietySuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 27, 2021
Grant amount: Up to £300
Fields of work: Forestry
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
Through the generosity of the Trustees of the Donald Randle Trust, the Royal Forestry Society (RFS) is able to offer bursaries to support members to travel overseas to enhance their forestry knowledge. In previous years, bursaries from the Randle Travel Fund (RTF) have helped a large number of RFS members, and promoted significant knowledge sharing and exchange.
Each recipient shared information about their project by writing an article for the Quarterly Journal of Forestry.
If you have ever wanted to see large-scale production forestry and the giant conifer groves in British Columbia or learn more about sustainable forest management in the Black Forest of south-west Germany, why not apply to the Randle Travel Fund? We may not be able to cover all the costs for some projects, but we can help!
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Royal Forestry Society (RFS) is able to offer bursaries to support members to travel overseas to enhance their forestry knowledge.
- Applicants must either be a current RFS individual or student member or work full-time for a RFS corporate member.
- RFS membership must be confirmed prior to the deadline for receipt of applications.
- The Randle Travel Fund bursary will provide a maximum of £300 to cover part or all of the subsistence and travel costs when taking part in any of the following:
- The annual RFS Overseas Study Tour, organised by the RFS Head Office;
- Overseas study tours organised by local RFS divisions, and approved by Head Office;
- Individual trips abroad organised specifically to enhance your forestry knowledge.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.