RHI Legacy Foundation Grant
RHI Legacy Foundation, Inc.
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Jul 13, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Rutherford County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
RHI Legacy Foundation, Inc. is the former Rutherford Hospital Foundation. When a new joint venture was formed in June 2014 between Duke LifePoint Healthcare and the former Rutherford Hospital, Inc., assets became available to address health and wellness needs in Rutherford County. RHI Legacy Foundation now facilitates a grant funding process that identifies and selects those programs, projects and/or initiatives which, when funded from the assets, will have a positive impact on the overall health and wellness of those living in Rutherford County.
Vision: Our Foundation will leave a legacy of better health by creating a future with measurable, significant, and permanent impact on the quality of life for all of Rutherford County.
Mission: RHI Legacy Foundation will work to improve the health and wellness of Rutherford County through engagement and funding of community initiatives.
- Environmental, Animals
- Grants in the category of environment/animals will be limited to programs that promote active living.
- Human services
- Public/Society Benefit
The RHI Legacy Foundation, Inc. supports non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations whose projects serve residents in Rutherford County, North Carolina, with emphasis on the following:
- Chronic Disease - Programs and services for cancer, asthma, and diabetes which provide the following:
- Health education or screenings with an emphasis on disease prevention
- Healthy Eating - Programs and services which address:
- Access to sufficient and healthy food for all segments of the community, emphasizing nutrition and the impact of healthy eating on disease prevention
- Education on the importance of nutrition and healthy food preparation and their impact on disease prevention
- Active Living - Programs and services which improve:
- Physical activity (examples: walking trails, parks and recreation)
- Education on health improvements and disease prevention resulting from an active lifestyle
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt governmental units, exempt religious organizations, or exempt charitable organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Other 501 (c) organizations may be considered.
- The benefits of the grant must have a measurable impact within Rutherford County, North Carolina.
- The programs and services of the applicant must be consistent with the Foundation’s mission and values.
- All applicants must have a plan to sustain the funded program or project on a continuing basis.
- The foundation typically does not fund requests for:
- Unrestricted endowment funds
- Debt retirement
- Grants to individuals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RHI Legacy Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.