RI Sea Grant Program Development Funds
Rhode Island Sea Grant
Grant amount: US $100 - US $10,000
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Rhode IslandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Program Development Funds
Rhode Island Sea Grant has a limited amount of program development funding to support research, education or outreach projects. The most compelling Program Development proposals are those that address new, innovative ideas that are relevant to our program’s strategic interest areas, that connect Rhode Island Sea Grant to the larger academic and coastal communities we serve, or that tackle unique, unexpected situations or phenomena where there is an urgent need to take quick action to capture an important, unexpected opportunity.
Program Development funding supports research projects in the National Sea Grant thematic priority areas of:
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems,
- Sustainable Coastal Development,
- Safe and Sustainable Seafood, and
- Hazard Resiliency in Coastal Communities.
Projects in areas not mentioned in the current strategic plan will be also be considered, provided they contribute to innovation and the improved understanding, utilization, sustainability, or management of coastal and marine resources.
Support of Conferences, Symposia, and Meetings
Rhode Island Sea Grant will consider the support of meetings in the following order of priorities:
- led and organized by Rhode Island Sea Grant staff
- Rhode Island Sea Grant staff are members of the event’s organizing and/or steering committee
- the event addresses priority issues as stated in the current Rhode Island Sea Grant Strategic and Organizational Development Plan, plans of the Northeast Sea Grant Consortium, or are of importance to the plans of the National Sea Grant Focus Teams
Rhode Island Sea Grant will consider the support of direct costs submitted via invoice where items are clearly identified
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Support of Travel:
- Priority will be given to support travel incurred by currently funded Rhode Island Sea Grant researchers and staff who are invited to participate in workshops, conferences, symposia, etc., where presentations that add to (and are not included in) their funded Omnibus proposal
- Proposals related to the correction of adverse circumstances related to personnel or facilities are not usually considered.
- Program Development funds are not used for:
- salaries of principal investigators,
- permanent equipment,
- fringe benefits, or
- institutional overheads.
- Support of Conferences, Symposia, & Meetings:
- No overhead or staff costs will be supported.
- Rhode Island Sea Grant will rarely consider the support of any costs related to food and receptions.
- Costs for alcoholic beverages cannot be paid
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RI Sea Grant Program Development Funds by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.