RIF: Basic Human Needs Grants
Rhode Island Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Rhode Island
Location of residency: Rhode IslandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Basic Human Needs Grants support community agencies that provide emergency assistance to Rhode Islanders most in need. Grants of up to $5,000 are awarded to community-based programs that provide direct assistance, such as:
- Food (food pantries, soup kitchens),
- Housing/rental assistance,
- Prescription assistance,
- Utilities assistance,
- Transportation assistance (bus passes, Riptiks, auto repairs),
- Child care assistance for homeless families, and
Basic Human Needs Grants support the launching of a program or an established program. For established programs, the Basic Human Needs Grant cannot be the only source of monetary funding.
Organizations can receive one Basic Human Needs Grant per calendar year.
Organizations that have received Basic Human Needs Grants for the last three-consecutive years have the option, in most cases, to submit one application which will be good for three years. The award amount will be the same for the three years. Second and third-year funding is contingent upon our receipt of the evaluation report.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for a Basic Human Needs Grant, you will need:
- Your organization's employer identification number (EIN) or that of your fiscal agent, if you are not a 501(c),
- An electronic copy of your 501(c) determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service to upload into your application, if you have not received previous funding from the Foundation, and
- To be current on all reporting requirements.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RIF: Basic Human Needs Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.