RIF: Community Grants
Rhode Island FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Deadline: Mar 14, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Rhode Island
Location of residency: Rhode IslandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
In 2016, the Rhode Island Foundation commemorated 100 years of service to Rhode Island and its people. In honor of the centennial, we funded community making projects throughout the state. Grants were made to nonprofit organizations, municipal governments, and community agencies to build bikes lanes, design walking tours, plant community gardens, install historical markers and monuments, and more.
Due to the program’s success to promote collaboration and community-making, we are re-opening the Community Grants program in 2017.
While eligible projects may include either new initiatives or enhancements to ongoing and recurring initiatives, applicants should be mindful that Community Grants are intended to support one-time costs and expenses.
We believe that community is created at the intersection of people, places, and traditions. We want to help you make unique and important things happen at this intersection.
Specifically, we are looking for projects that:
- Are openly accessible to the community;
- Are relevant and meaningful to the specific community;
- Are doable;
- Are creative and unique;
- Will have a meaningful and lasting impact on the people and place;
- Involve partners; and
- Make exceptionally good use of the funds.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations, preservation societies, municipal governments, and public agencies like libraries and schools are eligible to apply.
- While not required, proposals that demonstrate a local commitment will be considered more competitive for this grant program.
- Community commitment may be measured by a cash match, committed volunteer time, donated space, or other forms of in-kind contributions.
- Projects will not be eligible for renewed support in future years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RIF: Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.