RIF: Newport County Fund Small Grants
Rhode Island FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Feb 15, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Newport County, Rhode Island
Location of residency: Newport County, Rhode IslandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Newport County Fund (NCF) offers competitive small grants, which range from $1,000 to $10,000. Grants are awarded where a relatively small amount of money can be of strategic assistance to a nonprofit organization serving one or more of the six cities and towns of Newport County.
Program Focus & Priorities
The following are among areas where grants may be awarded:
- Project development support for new programs
- Strengthening and/or expanding established community programs and services
- Community or municipal planning and/or leadership
- Policy or advocacy efforts on behalf of community concerns
Successful applications will demonstrate:
- Alignment with the intent of the NCF grant program to serve one or more of the communities in Newport County
- Focus on a significant problem or opportunity in the county
- Strategic partnerships or collaboration
- Proven or innovative in approach
- Capacity and leadership to complete the proposed work
- Measurable results
- A plan for long-term sustainability of the program or project
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit, 501(c) organizations and municipal departments located and operating in Newport County are eligible to apply.
- Organizations that provide services or programs in Newport County also are eligible.
- Grants may support faith-based organizations for secular programs or projects.
- As a Foundation-established fund with geographic focus, the Newport County Fund awards grants that serve to supplement, not replace, the Foundation’s current statewide grantmaking programs.
- Grant support from NCF will not reduce eligibility to apply to The Rhode Island Foundation for other grant support.
- Successful projects may reapply for additional funding.
- The Newport County Fund does not fund:
- individuals or scholarships;
- capital or endowment efforts;
- medical research;
- debt reduction;
- fundraising events; or
- campaigns to elect candidates to public office.
- NCF does not make multi-year commitments.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RIF: Newport County Fund Small Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.