Grants from Special Medical Funds
Rhode Island FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Aug 14, 2020
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $75,000
Fields of work: Diabetes Kidney Diseases Hospice / End of Life Care Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Vision Impairment Care & Services Physical Disabilities Endocrinology Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Rhode Island
Location of residency: Rhode IslandView website Save
About this funder:
Special Medical Funds
Seventeen funds at the Rhode Island Foundation support organizations that address health and healthcare needs related to specific medical conditions.
This collection of funds offers grants to assist nonprofit organizations that are engaged in work that impacts the health and healthcare of Rhode Islanders. Specifically:
- Renal disease / diabetes (emphasis on education, prevention, and care)
- Care of elderly suffering from incurable illnesses, both physical and mental
- End of life care / Hospice care / incurable diseases
- Mental illness
- Developmental disabilities
- Blindness / physical disabilities
- Outreach, education, clinical or basic research involving human growth hormone steroids or other performance enhancing substances.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility and criteria
- Nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations located or delivering services in the state of Rhode Island.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the area of proposed work.
- Organizational infrastructure that indicates sufficient capacity for this work, including financial infrastructure and staff.
- Grant support from Special Medical Funds will not impact an organization's eligibility to apply to the Rhode Island Foundation for other grant support.
- Priority will be given to programs or projects that demonstrate the greatest impact on health and healthcare and address health inequities and disparities in Rhode Island.
- Special Medical Fund awards do not fund individuals, scholarships, capital or endowment efforts, fundraising events, or campaigns to elect candidates to public office.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”