RIF: Special Medical Funds Grant
Rhode Island FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $75,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Rhode Island
Location of residency: Rhode IslandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Special Medical Funds
Fourteen funds at the Rhode Island Foundation support organizations that address health and healthcare needs related to specific medical conditions.
The Rhode Island Foundation is offering grants to assist nonprofit organizations that are engaged in work that impacts the health and healthcare of Rhode Islanders. This program was made possible by generous donors who established funds to support the following areas:
- Renal disease / diabetes (emphasis on education, prevention, and care)
- Care of elderly suffering from incurable illnesses, both physical and mental
- End of life care / Hospice care / incurable diseases
- Mental illness
- Developmental disabilities
- Blindness / physical disabilities
- Outreach, education, clinical or basic research involving human growth hormone steroids or other performance enhancing substances.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility and criteria
- Nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations located or delivering services in the state of Rhode Island.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the area of proposed work.
- Organizational infrastructure that indicates sufficient capacity for this work, including financial infrastructure and staff.
- Grant support from Special Medical Funds will not reduce eligibility to apply to the Rhode Island Foundation for other grant support.
- Priority will be given to programs or projects that demonstrate the greatest impact on health and healthcare and address health inequities and disparities in Rhode Island.
- Special Medical Fund awards do not fund individuals, scholarships, capital or endowment efforts, fundraising events, or campaigns to elect candidates to public office.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RIF: Special Medical Funds Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.