Riley Foundation Grant Program
The Riley Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $4,000,000
Next deadline: Nov 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2019, May 15, 2019, Aug 15, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Lauderdale County, Mississippi
Location of residency: Lauderdale County, MississippiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Riley Foundation’s focus is Meridian and Lauderdale County, Mississippi. As one of the largest foundations in Mississippi, it has been called an "ultra philanthropic" organization bynewspaper and "Meridian's Guardian Angel" by Meridian native, actress Sela Ward. The Riley Foundation improves and enhances the quality of life for the people of Meridian and Lauderdale County.
The Foundation's purpose is to make grants to charitable and governmental organizations for charitable purposes and to provide financial resources and assistance for community-wide projects and programs in healthcare, education, and the betterment of cultural, environmental and economic conditions for the people of Meridian and Lauderdale County, Mississippi.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as “not a private foundation” (that is, a public charity) as defined under Section 509(a), or a governmental agency.
- Organization must be located in Lauderdale County, Mississippi, and provide services for the citizens of Lauderdale County, Mississippi.
- Applicants may not be “supporting organizations” described in section 509(a)(3).
- For legal reasons, the Foundation does not support individuals or their projects, private foundations, advertising, sponsorships, or political activities.
- As a matter of policy, the Foundation does not ordinarily support:
- Recurring expenses for operations, programs, or salaries
- Social or fundraising events
- Hospitals or nursing homes
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Biomedical or clinical research
- Organizations whose principal impact is outside of Lauderdale County, Mississippi
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Riley Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.