RKMF Grants - Western Pennsylvania
Richard King Mellon Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $2,000,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Armstrong County, Bedford County, Blair County, Butler County, Cambria County, Cameron County, Clarion County, Clearfield County, Crawford County, Elk County, Erie County, Fayette County, Forest County, Greene County, Indiana County, Jefferson County, Lawrence County, McKean County, Mercer County, Somerset County, Venango County, Warren County, Washington County, Westmoreland County, Alleghany County, Virginia Expand all
Location of residency: Preferred: Pennsylvania Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
For more than 60 years the Richard King Mellon Foundation has invested in the competitive future and quality of life in Southwestern Pennsylvania, and in the protection, preservation, and restoration of America’s environmental heritage.
The Foundation was created in 1947 by Richard King Mellon, president and chairman of Mellon Bank, a conservationist and leading figure in the financial and civic life of Pennsylvania.
The Trustees of the Richard King Mellon Foundation have established the following program priorities:
To ensure greater impact from its investments, the Foundation produced a well-defined set of conservation priorities that include national, regional, and local goals. At the national level, the Foundation will work with its long-standing conservation partners to protect 250,000 acres of habitat, while at the regional level the Foundation is collaborating with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and others in 11 focal areas in western Pennsylvania to protect and restore terrestrial and aquatic habitat for key indicator species such as the Cerulean Warbler, Golden-winged Warbler, Eastern Brook Trout, and Eastern Hellbender. Locally, the Foundation will continue to support efforts to create trails, enhance public parks, and install green infrastructure to mitigate storm water flows to improve water quality.
- Protect critical forested ecosystems and provide sustainable economic development for communities
- Leverage partnerships and data to conduct habitat restoration in 11 key western Pennsylvania landscapes
- Protect regional natural assets such as rivers, trails, and parks
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be a charitable, tax-exempt organization with a valid IRS Tax ID Number or be a government entity to qualify for funding.
- The Foundation gives priority to projects and programs that have clearly defined outputs, outcomes, and an evaluation component.
- The Trustees have shown a preference for supporting established organizations with specific objectives, and for partnering with other donors rather than solely underwriting the entire cost of projects.
- The Foundation does not consider requests on behalf of individuals or from outside of the United States; nor does the Foundation encourage requests from outside Pennsylvania.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RKMF Grants - Western Pennsylvania by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.