RMLA Outstanding Person Award
Resource Management Law Association of New Zealand Inc. (RMLA)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2019
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: New Zealand
Location of residency: New ZealandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The RMLA makes regular awards in the field of resource management. The focus of the awards is to:
- Award excellence in resource management documents including National Standards, Policy Statements, section 32 analyses, District or Regional plans or other such documents, prepared by or on behalf of government or local authorities in fulfillment of their duties under the Resource Management Act 1991
- Recognize outstanding contributions to the Resource management field of law and practice by individuals
- Award projects and publications, such as books and journals, that have made or make a significant contribution to the development of best practice and the implementation of the RMA's purpose and principles, or enable a better or more complete understanding of resource management law, theory and practice by the resource management community or interested general public.
RMLA Outstanding Person Award
The RMLA has an annual awards process in which awards are made for outstanding contributions to the law, theory and practice of resource management. Applicable to all awards, the recipient shall be presented with an appropriate award/plaque and a certificate at the RMLA National Conference.
The RMLA personal award is to be made for outstanding contributions only. For this reason it is not necessary to make an award each year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- It is desirable that the person should be nationally recognised for their activities and contribution.
- The contribution could be made to a person within any one or more of the relevant sectors, including:
- The judiciary
- Private practice
- The general public
- Meritorious nominees for the Outstanding Person award not selected in a given year may be held over for consideration by the Committee for the next year, but not held over for any further years.
- Only one person should receive the Outstanding Person award in any year and a recipient may receive the honour only once.
- Any nominee for the Outstanding Person award should not have been a member of the National Committee at any time within two years of the date of the nomination.
- Any RMLA member (excluding National Committee members) may submit nominations in writing, for an award.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. An Outstanding Person nominee must be an RMLA member.
- If a National Committee member is a member of any team (or related to any firm, company or related entity nominated for a team award) they shall not participate in or be present at any discussion of or voting on that category of award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RMLA Outstanding Person Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.