Kleberg Foundation: Community Services Grant
Robert J. Kleberg, Jr. and Helen C. Kleberg Foundation
Grant amount: US $20,000 - US $250,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 30, 2019 10:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 29, 2019 10:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Aransas County, Atascosa County, Bee County, Bexar County, Brooks County, Calhoun County, Cameron County, DeWitt County, Dimmit County, Duval County, Frio County, Goliad County, Gonzales County, Guadalupe County, Hidalgo County, Jackson County, Jim Hogg County, Jim Wells County, Karnes County, Kenedy County, Kinney County, Kleberg County, La Salle County, Lavaca County, Live Oak County, Matagorda County, Maverick County, McMullen County, Medina County, Nueces County, Refugio County, San Patricio County, Starr County, Uvalde County, Victoria County, Webb County, Wharton County, Willacy County, Wilson County, Zapata County, Zavala County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Aransas County, Atascosa County, Bee County, Bexar County, Brooks County, Calhoun County, Cameron County, DeWitt County, Dimmit County, Duval County, Frio County, Goliad County, Gonzales County, Guadalupe County, Hidalgo County, Jackson County, Jim Hogg County, Jim Wells County, Karnes County, Kenedy County, Kinney County, Kleberg County, La Salle County, Lavaca County, Live Oak County, Matagorda County, Maverick County, McMullen County, Medina County, Nueces County, Refugio County, San Patricio County, Starr County, Uvalde County, Victoria County, Webb County, Wharton County, Willacy County, Wilson County, Zapata County, Zavala County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Funding is highly competitive and priority is given to organizations with whom the Foundation has a previous relationship. Thus, it is difficult to receive funding if the organization has never been funded before.
The Foundation awards grants to qualifying institutions and agencies that further the vision of Bob and Helen Kleberg.
Since inception, the Robert J. Kleberg, Jr. and Helen C. Kleberg Foundation awarded $290.9 million in grants with annual distributions of approximately $12 million. In 2016, 48 grants totaling over $12 million were disbursed.
The Foundation Directors strive to select projects and programs where funding will have the greatest impact.
The Foundation is committed to supporting and improving the quality of life for residents of Kleberg and surrounding counties. Funding is focused on this geographic region, but organizations outside this geographic region with a history of previous funding may apply.
Funding areas include health, education and social services. We support:
- Health Services – organizations that improve health outcomes or provide access to high-quality healthcare in the focus region, including preventive, diagnostic, treatment, recovery and rehabilitative services.
- Education – organizations that demonstrate innovative models of learning that help their students build character and develop their intellectual, physical and creative abilities to the highest level so they can thrive in today’s global world.
- Social Services –organizations that provide services to low income children and families, counseling, advocacy, intervention and treatment services to prevent disease, promote healthy lifestyles and development, and encourage self-sufficiency.
A request letter signed by the President or CEO is required. Before you begin your application, we request you review the grant guidelines and the PDF documents below to be sure to submit a complete application
Guidelines for Consideration of Capital Requests
The Foundation rarely supports capital projects such as the purchase or renovation of facilities, repairs and maintenance of physical infrastructure, or the purchase of major equipment.
Capital requests should be preceded by a formal conversation with Foundation staff to determine the project’s fit with the Foundation’s priorities. A pre-request, similar to a Letter of Inquiry, may be required to determine Trustee interest before submitting a full application.
As a general rule, the Foundation will not consider capital requests before at least 50 percent of the total project costs have already been committed from other sources.
Recognition and Mementoes
The Foundation is open to considering potential naming opportunities associated with a grant, as applicable. However, naming opportunities have no bearing at all on the Trustees’ decision to fund a project.
With regard to mementoes, the Foundation desires that all resources of any grantee be dedicated to accomplishing its philanthropic purposes. We ask that grantees not recognize the Foundation, its board members, or staff with any commemorative gifts or tokens.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation supports IRS-registered, tax exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations with a public charity status of 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2), or public universities under section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Community services organizations in the geographic region may apply once a year.
- Project support beyond a period of three years will generally not be considered.
- As a general policy the Foundation does not support:
- Community, health and education organizations that serve clients outside of Kleberg and its surrounding counties of South Texas;
- Operating or general endowments;
- Deficit financing;
- Appeals for religious purposes or organizations limited by race or religion;
- Propaganda organizations or committees whose efforts are aimed at influencing legislation;
- Table sponsorships;
- Fundraising events or advertising;
- Indirect costs or overhead for projects;
- Other granting agencies, foundations or pass through organizations.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kleberg Foundation: Community Services Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.