Robert W. Woodruff Foundation: Arts & Culture Grant
Robert W. Woodruff FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000,000
Next deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Georgia: Barrow County, Bartow County, Butts County, Carroll County, Cherokee County, Clayton County, Cobb County, Coweta County, DeKalb County, Douglas County, Fayette County, Forsyth County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, Hall County, Henry County, Morgan County, Newton County, Paulding County, Pickens County, Rockdale County, Spalding County, Walton County Other eligible locations: Georgia (US state)
Location of residency: Georgia (US state)View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation is an independent private foundation that seeks to improve the quality of life in Georgia by investing in health, education, economic opportunity and community vitality.
We pursue our mission by responding to community needs, typically making grants to institutions and projects with strong leadership and a broad base of support. The Foundation seeks to help organizations with a proven track record of success stretch further to seize new opportunities or to meet extraordinary needs.
Generally, the Foundation prefers not to be the only funder for a project, but to participate with the community in supporting initiatives led by others. The Foundation will occasionally make leading grants when the need is great and the initiative is compelling.
Arts & Culture
The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation recognizes the importance of arts and cultural institutions to creating a vibrant community and attracting economic development. While Mr. Woodruff was not an arts enthusiast himself, he understood the arts are a vital part of a thriving city.
The Foundation’s investments in arts and culture make up a small part of our average grants portfolio (see graph). In general, the Foundation makes capital and capacity-building grants to arts and cultural organizations with significant audiences, strong leadership and sound financial operations.
- Development of major Atlanta arts and cultural institutions
- Capital projects of arts and cultural institutions outside of Atlanta that promote community development in Georgia’s cities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation’s grantmaking is generally limited to organizations located and operating in metro Atlanta.
- We will occasionally consider grants to significant institutions and initiatives in communities throughout Georgia.
- Your organization may be eligible for a grant if it:
- Is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Is located or operating in Georgia.
- Aligns with the Foundation’s program interests in Health, Education, Environment, Human Services, Arts & Culture or Community Development.
- Successful grant applicants share these characteristics:
- Strong executive and volunteer leadership
- Track record of sustainable operations
- Broad base of financial support
- Proven program effectiveness
- Arts & Culture - what we do not fund
- Annual operating support
- Acquisition of works of art
- Exhibits or festivals
- What We Do Not Fund
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status
- Organizations without a presence in Georgia
- Human services outside of metro Atlanta
- Churches or their denominational programs
- Debt relief
- Festivals, performances or exhibits
- Films or documentaries
- Fundraising events
- Individual public schools
- Individual research projects
- Political campaigns or lobbying activities
- Professional associations
- Private schools outside of metro Atlanta
- Sponsorships or special events
- Startup organizations or seed funding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation: Arts & Culture Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.