Robert W. Woodruff Foundation: Education Grant
Robert W. Woodruff FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $100,000 - US $5,000,000
Next deadline: Aug 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Georgia: Barrow County, Bartow County, Butts County, Carroll County, Cherokee County, Clayton County, Cobb County, Coweta County, DeKalb County, Douglas County, Fayette County, Forsyth County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, Hall County, Henry County, Morgan County, Newton County, Paulding County, Pickens County, Rockdale County, Spalding County, Walton County Other eligible locations: Georgia (US state)
Location of residency: Georgia (US state)View website Save
About this funder:
The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation is an independent private foundation that seeks to improve the quality of life in Georgia by investing in health, education, economic opportunity and community vitality.
We pursue our mission by responding to community needs, typically making grants to institutions and projects with strong leadership and a broad base of support. The Foundation seeks to help organizations with a proven track record of success stretch further to seize new opportunities or to meet extraordinary needs.
Generally, the Foundation prefers not to be the only funder for a project, but to participate with the community in supporting initiatives led by others. The Foundation will occasionally make leading grants when the need is great and the initiative is compelling.
The Foundation’s investments in education make up a significant part of our average grants portfolio (see graph). The Foundation maintains a particular focus on higher education and invests in institutional priorities of the state’s private colleges and public research universities. The Foundation occasionally makes grants for public K-12 education and for select independent schools in metro Atlanta.
- Development of Georgia’s public research universities
- Institutional priorities of Georgia’s private colleges and universities
- K-12 education at the state level and within Atlanta Public Schools, with an emphasis on improving educational standards, teacher quality and school leadership development
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation’s grantmaking is generally limited to organizations located and operating in metro Atlanta.
- We will occasionally consider grants to significant institutions and initiatives in communities throughout Georgia.
- Your organization may be eligible for a grant if it:
- Is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Is located or operating in Georgia.
- Aligns with the Foundation’s program interests in Health, Education, Environment, Human Services, Arts & Culture or Community Development.
- Successful grant applicants share these characteristics:
- Strong executive and volunteer leadership
- Track record of sustainable operations
- Broad base of financial support
- Proven program effectiveness
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation: Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.