Robert W. Woodruff Foundation: Health Grants
Robert W. Woodruff FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $240,000,019
Next deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Georgia: Barrow County, Bartow County, Butts County, Carroll County, Cherokee County, Clayton County, Cobb County, Coweta County, Dawson County, DeKalb County, Douglas County, Fayette County, Forsyth County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, Haralson County, Heard County, Henry County, Jasper County, Lamar County, Meriwether County, Morgan County, Newton County, Paulding County, Pickens County, Pike County, Rockdale County, Spalding County, Walton County Other eligible locations: Georgia (US state)
Location of residency: Georgia (US state)View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation is an independent private foundation that seeks to improve the quality of life in Georgia by investing in health, education, economic opportunity and community vitality.
We pursue our mission by responding to community needs, typically making grants to institutions and projects with strong leadership and a broad base of support. The Foundation seeks to help organizations with a proven track record of success stretch further to seize new opportunities or to meet extraordinary needs.
Generally, the Foundation prefers not to be the only funder for a project, but to participate with the community in supporting initiatives led by others. The Foundation will occasionally make leading grants when the need is great and the initiative is compelling.
The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation seeks to strengthen health systems in Georgia, with a focus on improving access and quality. Mr. Woodruff helped establish some of Atlanta’s premier health institutions during his lifetime, and the Foundation maintains his commitment to supporting the health of our community.
The Foundation’s investments in health make up a large part of our average grants portfolio (see graph). We typically make grants for capital projects or to build the capacity of Atlanta-based organizations that align with the Foundation’s interests in health.
- Development of Atlanta as a destination for quality patient care through investments in leading healthcare institutions.
- Cutting-edge academic research at Emory University’s Woodruff Health Sciences Center.
- Access to affordable healthcare for underserved populations in Atlanta.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation’s grantmaking is generally limited to organizations located and operating in metro Atlanta.
- We will occasionally consider grants to significant institutions and initiatives in communities throughout Georgia.
- Your organization may be eligible for a grant if it:
- Is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Is located or operating in Georgia.
- Aligns with the Foundation’s program interests in Health, Education, Environment, Human Services, Arts & Culture or Community Development.
- Successful grant applicants share these characteristics:
- Strong executive and volunteer leadership
- Track record of sustainable operations
- Broad base of financial support
- Proven program effectiveness
- What We Do Not Fund
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status
- Organizations without a presence in Georgia
- Human services outside of metro Atlanta
- Churches or their denominational programs
- Debt relief
- Festivals, performances or exhibits
- Films or documentaries
- Fundraising events
- Individual public schools
- Individual research projects
- Political campaigns or lobbying activities
- Professional associations
- Private schools outside of metro Atlanta
- Sponsorships or special events
- Startup organizations or seed funding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation: Health Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.