Robin Hood Relief Fund
Robin HoodSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
It's Time To Be Robin Hood
In response to the devastating and ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have reactivated the Robin Hood Relief Fund to help provide stability to the communities that Robin Hood has been dedicated to serving for more than 30 years. We know from our experience responding to that emergencies disproportionally harm historically disadvantaged communities, thereby exacerbating the systemic challenges that low-income New Yorkers already face daily.
We know from our data that a staggering 50 percent of adults in New York City experienced poverty at some point over a four-year period and that almost half (45 percent) of New Yorkers cannot afford to pay for an emergency expense of $400 or more with cash. These already precarious circumstances will become intensified by the effects of COVID-19, which can have a lasting impact on future generations.
There are heroes on the frontlines of COVID-19 response and we are committed to elevating their stories.
Robin Hood will be providing support to nonprofit organizations in two areas of relief response:
- General operating support to continue to run their organizations and provide services
- Emergency cash assistance provided to individuals in need as identified through our community partners
Robin Hood will provide more information on how organizations can apply for such funds in the coming days.
Robin Hood will also continue to collaborate with our partners and the community to speak out to protect the disadvantaged while ensuring that community-based organizations can rely on public funding to continue their critical operations.
We understand that the sum of our collective impact will be greater than anything we do alone. Robin Hood will continue sharing resources, hosting virtual convenings and connecting with the community as we adapt and evolve in a time of crisis.
The Fund is accepting applications from organizations on a rolling basis for immediate response grants in the following priority areas:
- Serves vulnerable populations including low-income children and families, low-wage workers, individuals and families who are homeless and immigrant communities.
- Provides or will expand services to include emergency assistance (e.g. food, shelter, and other basic needs)
- At risk for gaps in government contracts due to interruption of services
- Incurred unexpected expenses (e.g. overtime pay, technology)
- Track record with administering emergency cash grants to individuals and families
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Robin Hood will only fund 501(c)(3) organizations providing services in New York City.
- We cannot fund individuals.