Rockefeller Family Fund: Environment Grant
Rockefeller Family Fund
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Environmental Justice & Advocacy Environmental Policy
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Rockefeller Family Fund is a U.S.-based, family-led public charity that initiates, cultivates, and funds strategic efforts to promote a sustainable, just, free, and participatory society.
Meaningful climate progress will require breaking through the resistance of the fossil fuel industry and its allies. To accomplish this, we support programs designed to: engage and motivate citizens demanding change; deepen public recognition of the climate disruption now unfolding; unmask forces working to prevent climate progress, and policies, and require polluters to pay their fair share of the climate damages they caused to help the public meet enormous climate adaptation expenses we now face. Among numerous milestones, this work has led to: a ground-breaking report issued by senior U.S. military advisors that climate change is a national security risk; an active and thriving grassroots movement demanding climate progress; reporting by investigative journalists about what fossil companies knew about climate change (and when) and how some companies worked to deceive public the “catastrophic” damage climate change would cause; and authoritative analyses of how advocates can best advance climate policies in the current political environment.
Funder Collaborative on Oil and Gas
Over the past decade, RFF has worked in opposition to the coal industry while increasingly playing a leadership role in helping groups that are fighting the development of oil, gas, plastics, and petrochemicals infrastructure. The Funder Collaborative on Oil and Gas was launched in December 2018 out of recognition that curtailing U.S. oil and gas production and preventing development of massive new domestic infrastructure is an urgent and necessary part of solving the climate crisis. The Funder Collaborative’s core purpose is to limit ongoing oil and gas production; prevent the lock-in of GHG-emissions for new and expanded oil, gas, and petrochemical infrastructure; and weaken the industry’s financial standing and political influence.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- RFF supports tax-exempt organizations engaged in activities of national significance.
- Grants are made to nonprofit organizations in any state within the United States.
- Priority is often given to organizations working as partners on RFF initiatives.
- With limited exception, the Rockefeller Family Fund does not make grants to international programs or domestic programs dealing with international issues.
- The RFF does not make grants for direct service providers, or for social services or human services programs, and we do not fund local or community-specific projects.
- We do not fund film or video projects.
- We do not fund profit-making businesses, construction or restoration projects, or projects to reduce an organization's debt. Also, grants are rarely made to organizations which traditionally enjoy popular support, such as museums, hospitals, or endowed institutions.
- Seldom are grants made for academic or scholarly research, and never for social or human service programs.
- Nor are grants made to support individuals, scholarships, international programs, profit-making businesses, construction or restoration projects, or to reduce an organization's debt.
- The Rockefeller Family Fund does not offer scholarships, fellowships, tuition assistance, internships, student loans, or any other form of personal financial aid.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”