Rockwell Collins Green Communities Grant
Rockwell CollinsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 16, 2019 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia (US state), Iowa, Maryland, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Purpose of the Program
The Rockwell Collins Environmental Management Policy includes a commitment to participate in environmental conservation projects that benefit the communities in which we operate. The Green Communities program is intended to help fund environmental projects undertaken by nonprofit entities for the benefit of the communities in which Rockwell Collins operates.
Examples include conservation of natural resources and raw materials, improvements to the environment concerning air, water, land and renewable energy and restoration or development of ecological habitat. The program strengthens our relationship with our communities and helps foster the diverse environmental interests of our employees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Projects eligible for grant awards must result in improvement in the environmental condition of the community. Examples include:
- Conservation of natural resources and raw materials
- Restoration or development of ecological habitats (including animals and wildlife)
- Improvements to the environment in the following categories:
- Water (creating water/rain gardens)
- Land (habitat restoration, planting native species)
- Renewable energy or energy reduction (efficient design of buildings, energy efficient windows, light bulbs, “green projects”)
- Only projects conducted or sponsored by 501(c)(3) organizations, public or government entities, or International NGOs are eligible.
- Applicants may reapply each year; however, preference will be given to projects that will be completed in the year of the grant award.
- Ineligible Projects:
- Pure landscaping/beautification projects
- School playground renovations
- Academic research projects or studies are not generally eligible, although consideration will be given to environmental educational projects for K-12 public schools
- Projects requesting funds for travel expenses, administrative fees (i.e. staff salaries, meals), operational activities or equipment
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Rockwell Collins Green Communities Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.