Roddenberry FoundationSuggest an update
Next predicted deadline: Jun 26, 2021 5:00pm PDT (Pre proposal)
Later predicted deadlines: Aug 21, 2021 5:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $50,000
Fields of work: Health Care Access & Delivery Women's Rights & Equality Immigration & Refugee Rights Sexuality & LGBTQ Rights Civil Rights Climate Change Resilience Environmental Justice & Advocacy Show all
Applicant type: Working Professional, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Fellowship, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Roddenberry Fellowship is a 12-month program that offers Fellows $50,000 to take an existing initiative (e.g. campaign, organization) to the next level and amplify its impact OR to launch a new initiative.
- Civil Rights;
- Environmental Protection
- Immigration and Refugee Rights;
- LGBTQIA and Women’s Rights.
- Health & Wellness
All Roddenberry Fellows receive a $50,000 award, as well as tailored support:
- One-on-one professional coaching and development opportunities
- Virtual collaboration sessions to provide ongoing advisement, support, and connections
- Two in-person retreats
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Roddenberry Foundation welcomes Fellowship applications from individuals who meet all of the following (see Rules for more info):
- United States citizens, permanent residents, DACA recipients, or current visa holders who reside in the 50 United States or its territories.
- Individuals who currently serve as the Founder, Co-Founder, President, CEO, or Executive Director.
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older.
- Individuals employed by or affiliated with organizations or institutions with a budget of $3M or less.
- Individuals whose primary focus of their work is either immigrant & refugee rights, civil rights, LGBTQIA+ & women’s rights, or environmental protection.
- The following persons or entities are ineligible to apply for the Fellowship:
- Individuals representing government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Individuals who submit applications on behalf of an eligible organization and are also government officials or employees will be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the Competition is permitted by the Rules and regulations relevant to their position and that they have obtained any authorization that may be required by virtue of their government position.
- Individuals or organizations proposing initiatives with an annual organizational budget of more than $3 million.
- Applications for initiatives intended to influence legislation or the outcome of any specific public election or the caring on of any voter registration drive.
- Current and former directors, officers, employees or agents of The Roddenberry Foundation, RAMPIT, The Common Pool, LLC, and any of their subsidiaries and affiliates; Immediate Family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) of such persons; or any persons living in the same households of such persons.
- Persons who are members of the Evaluation Panel, judges or other reviewers of Fellowship Applications.
- Fellowship Award funds must be used for the project for which they are awarded, and may not be used:
- For non-charitable or non-educational purposes;
- To carry on propaganda or otherwise to attempt to influence legislation within the meaning of Code Section 4945(d)(1);
- To influence the outcome of any specific public election, or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive within the meaning of Code Section 4945(d)(2); or
- To pay fees or wages for the services of fundraising or fundraising consulting firms.
- To make a grant to any individual for travel, study, or other similar purposes, or to make a grant to any organization, except in compliance with the provisions of Sections 4945(g) or (h), as the case may be.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”