Roothbert Fund Scholarship
The Roothbert FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $3,000
Deadline: Jan 31, 2019 9:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Roothbert Fund Scholarships
- Please note that applicant interviews are scheduled on extremely short notice in March and are typically held in New York, New Haven, Philadelphia and Washington, DC.
- The Fund will not pay any transportation charges or other costs of applicants who are invited to be interviewed.
- Persons who live at a significant distance from these cities should reconsider submitting an application, if the expense and time required to travel to any of those cities would be unduly burdensome.
- No grant is awarded by the Fund without a personal interview.
- However, submitting an application does not guarantee being invited for an interview, and being invited for an interview does not guarantee a scholarship.
- In making a decision to apply, applicants should also keep in mind that if they are awarded a grant, they will be obligated to attend at least one weekend fellowship conference sponsored by the Fund during the first year on grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Roothbert Fund scholarships are open to all in the United States regardless of sex, age, color, nationality or religious background.
- While the Fund does not emphasize any particular form of religious practice or worship, it seeks to provide support to persons motivated by spiritual values.
- The Fund has awarded grants to persons entering a wide range of careers.
- As a rule, the Roothbert Fund does not make Scholarship grants EXCEPT to applicants whose current or permanent address is located in one of the following states of the United States and applicants planning to move to one of such states prior to March 1 of the year in which the application is made:
- New Hampshire,
- Rhode Island,
- New York,
- New Jersey,
- District of Columbia,
- West Virginia, or
- North Carolina
- Renewals of grants are considered in the light of achievements during the previous year.
- Fellows seeking a renewal must complete and submit the Fund's renewal application by February 1, accompanied by transcripts for the current year.
- Because funds are limited, the Roothbert Fund typically supports Fellows during the pursuit of one academic degree program only.
- Preference will be given to those who can satisfy high scholastic requirements and are considering careers in education.
- It is probably counter-productive to submit an application if you live outside the geographic area described above.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Roothbert Fund Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.