Rose’s Youth Philanthropists (RYP)
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $200 - US $2,000
Deadline: Apr 16, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Chemung County, Steuben County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Chemung County, Steuben CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Rose’s Youth Philanthropists (RYP) is a regional youth grants committee requesting proposals from organizations that impact youth in a wide variety of fields in Chemung and Southeastern Steuben counties. The S. Roberts Rose Fund was established at the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes in order to give youth a voice at the grantmaking table.
RYP is a responsive grantmaking opportunity designed to empower RYP members to review, score and recommend grant proposals that provide meaningful impact in the community. Submission of proposals that include activities that involve youth to address community need through involvement in arts (dance, drama, creative arts, music writing etc.), advocacy programs, educational classes, mentoring /tutoring, outdoor experiences, “real-life” learning experiences, service learning and treatment services are encouraged. Areas of specific interest to RYP are: issues related to literacy among all ages of youth, stability and safety in the home, and mental health.
The S. Roberts Rose Fund provides financial support for projects, programs and/or activities that serve youth in such areas as human services, arts and culture, education and youth, health, the environment and civic affairs. Previous grants have ranged from $200 to $2000. $8,000 will be awarded in the upcoming grant cycle. All programs that receive RYP funds will be subject to an evaluation within one year of the grant date.
RYP Grantamking Objectives
- Involve youth in the development and implementation of the project, program and/or activity
- Increase community involvement and volunteerism among youth
- Promote values of personal responsibility in youth
- Provide an avenue for internal exploration and personal empowerment of youth
- Respect and promote diversity
- Support intervention and prevention of social problems
- Support and encourage youth creativity
- Develop civic and public pride in youth
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Rose’s Youth Philanthropists support a wide variety of projects but does restrict itself to organizations:
- located in or providing services to residents of Chemung and SE Steuben Counties
- classified as nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as school districts and municipalities
- who have submitted a grant evaluation for any completed program previously funded by the Community Foundation
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Rose’s Youth Philanthropists (RYP) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.