Ross Foundation Grant Program
The Ross Foundation (WV)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $100,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Doddridge County, Jackson County, Pleasants County, Ritchie County, Wood County
Location of residency: Counties in West Virginia: Doddridge County, Jackson County, Pleasants County, Ritchie County, Wood CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Ross Foundation seeks to find new innovative ways to enhance the quality of local communities within Wood, Ritchie, Doddridge, Pleasants and Jackson county in West Virginia. The foundation is always looking for new opportunities and continuing its commitment to working with non-profits and government entities within their areas of interest.
Its mission is to build a strong and healthy local community by supporting nonprofit organizations which create a lasting impact in the Mid-Ohio Valley Region. Generally our support will not exceed three years except in those cases where we perceive the organization is making a significant difference.
Areas of Interest
- Education -
- Enhance the educational process at all levels with a focus in early childhood, elementary, middle and high school students.
- Specific emphasis is in arts education, after school programming, day care services, educational clubs, mentorship programming, reading initiatives and STEM initiatives.
- The foundation also supports post-secondary education, though this is secondary.
- Specific emphasis is in educational / workforce programming at community colleges.
- Community / Economic Development -
- Invest in programs and projects that improve the quality of the communities the foundation supports.
- Specific emphasis is in building restoration, residential housing, business development and civic / youth engagement.
- Arts -
- Support the development of programs for the arts within local communities.
- Disabilities -
- Assist and encourage programs for the disabled allowing them to strive for success no matter what obstacles they may face.
- Animals -
- Support the welfare of animals within local communities.
- Primary focus is on operations, enhancements and capital campaigns with humane societies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All grants approved for more than one year are conditional and are subject to annual review and approval before funds for subsequent years are released.
- The organization must be located in and support activities in Doddridge, Jackson, Pleasants, Ritchie or Wood county in West Virginia.
- Grants are awarded for projects consistent with one or more of The Ross Foundation’s program areas.
- Grants are given only to U.S. organizations that tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code or government entities.
- The Foundation does not provide direct support for individuals.
- The Foundation does fund multiple-year projects, but for a period of no more than three years.
- Arts & Animals focus - The foundation does not support one-time or annual events, like festivals.
- Disabilities focus - The foundation does not support national groups.
- Education focus - The foundation does not support initiatives that are specific to a single school, unless those schools are part of a pilot project with intention to expand the project into other area schools.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ross Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.