Rotary Children's Foundation Grant
Rotary Children's Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Sep 3, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Choctaw County, Clarke County, Conecuh County, Dallas County, Escambia County, Lowndes County, Marengo County, Monroe County, Perry County, Sumter County, Washington County, Wilcox County Expand all
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Alabama: Choctaw County, Clarke County, Conecuh County, Dallas County, Escambia County, Lowndes County, Marengo County, Monroe County, Perry County, Sumter County, Washington County, Wilcox County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
THE ROTARY CLUB OF MOBILE directed its focus on disabled children during the 1920’s, inspired by the severe epidemics of poliomyelitis which left many children severely crippled for life. The Club partnered with the Mobile Infirmary, first sponsoring beds, then an orthopedic ward with 25 beds.
Each year the RCF distributes almost $100,000 to local charitable organizations such as Goodwill-Easter Seal and others.
The Rotary Children's Foundation distributes funds once a year in November. Historically, the organizations whose clients are mentally and physically challenged children in the south Alabama area, have received the majority of our awards. But all submissions receive equal review and consideration.
Our cut-off time for grant request submissions is Labor Day, which is the first Monday of September.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The foundation will consider grant applications to fund staff salaries for pilot or start-up programs.
- Applicants must be local charitable organizations.
- The Foundation will give preference to grant applications from Southwest Alabama recipients.
- The Foundation will give preference to grant applications for the purchase and maintenance of rehabilitative and adaptive equipment and for supplies for disabled children.
- For development and rehabilitative services, the Foundation will give preference to grant applications which have ability-to-pay provisions for such services.
- Our club is disinclined to fund staff positions on an on-going basis.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Rotary Children's Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.