Blue Grass Community Foundation, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Dec 20, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Rowan County, Kentucky
Location of residency: Rowan County, KentuckyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Rowan365, an initiative of the Rowan County Community Fund held at Blue Grass Community Foundation, is accepting proposals from tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations and Public Schools in Rowan County for projects/programs that improve student learning and remove obstacles to academic success for students of all ages. Such obstacles include, but are not limited to: transportation, food insecurity, physical and/or mental challenges, access to technology, language barriers, poverty and homelessness. Applications will be limited to one per organization/school.
This will be a competitive grantmaking process. Grant applications will be reviewed by the Rowan365 Steering Committee and narrowed to three finalists. Representatives from the top three finalists will be required to present a short (maximum 10 minute) presentation to the members of Rowan365 at their annual meeting in February 2019. Grants will be awarded based on membership votes. The first place winner will receive $2,500, the second place winner will receive $1,000 and the third place winner will receive $500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization is located in or serves residents of Rowan County
- Organization is classified as a nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as a school district or municipality
- If the organization has previously received funding by a grant program at Blue Grass Community Foundation, organization must have completed a grant report
- Organization must be willing and able to present to the Rowan365 membership at the annual meeting in February 2019
- Preference will be shown to proposals that focus on efforts to increase academic achievement among low-income, minority and English language learners.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Rowan365 by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.