Roy & Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust Grant
Roy & Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust GrantSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $200,000
Deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Behavioral, Biomedical, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Arkansas, Texas
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Texas: Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Kaufman County, Rockwall County Other eligible locations: Arkansas, TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Roy & Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust was established in 1981 to support and promote quality educational, cultural, human services and health care programming for all people.
Roy Sturgis was one of ten children of an Arkansas farmer and homemaker. He dropped out of school after the tenth grade to join the Navy during World War I. Mr. Sturgis returned to his family home in southern Arkansas after the war and went to work in the local sawmills. In 1933, Roy Sturgis married Texas native Christine Johns. They became very successful in the timber, lumber and sawmill industries in Arkansas, owned other prosperous business enterprises and had notable success managing their investments. Mr. and Mrs. Sturgis spent most of their lives in Arkansas and Dallas, Texas. They did not have children, but were particularly interested in educational opportunities for young people. In addition, Mr. and Mrs. Sturgis supported organizations working in the areas of health, social services and the arts.
The majority of grants from the Sturgis Charitable Trust are 1 year in duration. On occasion, multi-year support is awarded. The Sturgis Charitable Trust encourages requests for the following types of grants:
- capital project-related
- medical research
- endowment campaigns
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to qualified charitable organizations in both Arkansas and Texas.
- Approximately 65% of the Trust's annual distributions are made within the state of Arkansas.
- The remaining 35% of grants are distributed within the state of Texas.
- Funding for start-up programs and limited general operating requests will also be considered.
- Organizations that receive a 1-year grant from the Roy & Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust must skip 2 years before submitting a subsequent application.
- For grants made within the state of Texas, strong preference is given to organizations located in the Dallas area.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Roy & Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.