Ruggles-Gates Fund for Biological Anthropology
Royal Anthropological InstituteSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Deadline: Mar 31, 2020
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
The Royal Anthropological Institute administers a Fund, set up by the late Professor R. Ruggles-Gates and augmented by his widow Mrs L. Ruggles-Gates, which provides grants for research in biological anthropology.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- There are no restrictions on age, sex, religion, ethnic origin or nationality.
- Individuals who are members of a joint research project can apply for a grant, provided that its leader holds a PhD or is similarly qualified.
- Permission to undertake field research must be cleared with the relevant authorities and communities before an application is submitted.
- Preference will be given to those applications which lie within human population biology, human genetics, human ethology and palaeoanthropology.
- Preference will be given to those who propose to do fieldwork outside the United Kingdom.
- Grants will not be made for undergraduate fieldwork projects.
- Individuals already in possession of a doctorate are not eligible.
- Grants are not made for library research, for University fees or for subsistence in the applicant's home institution.
- Funds cannot be awarded for a joint research project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ruggles-Gates Fund for Biological Anthropology by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.