Royal Forestry Society: Viking Bursary
Royal Forestry SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 6, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Age restriction: At least 18 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Viking bursary has been established thanks to a generous bequest by Mrs Sheila Jorgensen, a former RFS Yorkshire Division member, who requested the RFS set up a bursary to be known as the Viking Bursary, for study and travel. This bursary is part of the RFS Future Foresters programme.
Any aspect of forestry which benefits the practical management and resilience of woodlands and which:
is original, independent, self-directed study or research.
has clear study/research objectives, methods, outcomes and timeframe.
The scope includes course-related dissertations and theses. The area of study is limited to the UK.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant Eligibility:
- Students in full time or part time education over the age of 18.
- You must be registered with an approved university or college in England, Wales or Northern Ireland and studying forestry or a closely allied field, such as arboriculture, urban forestry, natural resources, conservation, geography or environmental science at that institution.
- Students enrolled in Further Education, BSc, MSc and PhD courses who are at an early stage in their careers, are eligible.
- Only one application per person per year will be considered.
- Funding Eligibility:
- The bursary will fund all costs directly associated with the project including travel, accommodation and equipment.
- Co-funding with other sources of funds is acceptable.
- Travel insurance, health insurance, access permissions and travel documentation are the responsibility of the award recipient.
- Priority is given to projects focused on England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Royal Forestry Society: Viking Bursary by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.