British Carbon Group: Bursaries
Royal Society of ChemistrySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £200
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Royal Society of Chemistry - British Carbon Group
The British Carbon Group (joint with the Institute of Physics (IOP) and Society of Chemical Industry (SCI)) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
The Group promotes the science or technology of graphite and carbon materials. This includes diamond and fullerenes, composites, fibres, deposits and any other relevant carbon science topics in the UK. By providing a forum for scientific discussion we represent the interests of UK carbon scientists in relation to learned societies worldwide.
The British Carbon Group has funds available to assist student travel for participation in national and international meetings relating to the science and technology of carbon materials.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funds are for travel only.
- Sums awarded are normally up to £75 for a UK conference and up to £200 for international conferences.
- Awardees are expected to join the British Carbon Group via the RSC, IOP, or SCI, or already be members.
- Preference will be given to students, normally postgraduates registered for a research degree, who are:
- A presenting author at the conference;
- Promoting UK carbon research;
- Attending a conference organised by the British Carbon Group;
- Also trying to get money from other sources.
- Usually only one applicant per research group/department is funded in a calendar year.
- Funds are not for conference fees or accommodations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the British Carbon Group: Bursaries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.