RSC Research Fund
Royal Society of ChemistrySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £4,000
Next deadline: May 18, 2020 6:00am PDT
Later deadlines: Sep 21, 2020 6:00am PDT
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
Royal Society of Chemistry
With over 50,000 members and an international publishing and knowledge business Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists, supporting and representing our members and bringing together chemical scientists from all over the world.
A not-for-profit organisation with a heritage that spans 175 years, RSC has an ambitious international vision for the future. Around the world, we invest in educating future generations of scientists. We raise and maintain standards. We partner with industry and academia, promoting collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy. And we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
Apply to the Royal Society of Chemistry's Research Fund for grants of up to £4000 to purchase chemicals and/or equipment for your research project.
The Research Fund enables research with high scientific or societal impact that cannot be funded through mainstream sources of funding. We have identified as priority groups those working in less well-funded institutes, those in developing countries and early career researchers.
The Fund is available to our members at Universities, colleges or research institutes conducting their own research.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- It is expected that the grant will normally be used for the purchase of equipment (glassware, computer software, etc.) and chemicals.
- The Fund is designed for use by the applicant for his or her personal research; the main body of work must be undertaken by the applicant themselves
- Applicants must be members of the Royal Society of Chemistry, with a minimum of associate membership.
- Applications are limited to one per department and MUST be authorised by the head of that department prior to submission
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Strong preference is given to those working in less well-endowed institutions.
- Applicants from developing countries and early career researchers are encouraged.
- Under the usual conditions of funding, no portion of the grant may be used for personal expenses such as the payment of an assistant or research student and will not normally be used for the purchase of books or subscriptions to journals or magazines.
- Only in exceptional circumstances, and specifically to aid the furtherance of the research programme, may a portion of the grant be used for travel; details must be explicitly identified in the application.
- Persons employed as research students at time of application (including PhD students) will not be considered for funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RSC Research Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.