Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales: Paddy Pallin Science Grants
Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales
Grant amount: Up to A $7,000
Deadline: Sep 14, 2018 7:00am PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: Australia
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales' (RZS NSW) main focus is to foster the study and conservation of Australia's unique native fauna.
The Paddy Pallin Foundation, and The Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife are offering up to four Science Grants, worth up to $7,000 each to support field-based, high quality ecological research. The objective of the grant program is to provide financial support for conservation‐based research of Australian ecosystems that will ultimately lead to tangible outcomes for management. The scope of the research is open to terrestrial, marine and freshwater research on animals and/or plants and ecological communities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The grants are open to postgraduate students and Early Career Researchers (with less than 3 years of research related experience since conferral of PhD, excluding research career interruptions).
- Applicants must be either enrolled or have an academic position (including adjunct/visiting positions) at an Australian University or research position at a relevant institution - e.g. CSIRO or a museum.
- Applicants must be financial members of the RZS NSW.
- The research must address conservation problems in Australian systems and have clearly defined management implications.
- The work should have the potential to lead to publication in high quality ecological or conservation journals.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants should be financial members of the RZS NSW.
- Preference will be given to research which deals with ecological community processes.
- University or research institutional on-costs are not supported.
- Conference travel is not supported.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales: Paddy Pallin Science Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.