RSAA Travel and Adventure Award
Royal Society for Asian Affairs
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 10, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Asia
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Asia
Age restriction: Between 18 and 25 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the RSAA
The Royal Society for Asian Affairs (RSAA) exists as an educational charity to promote greater knowledge and understanding of Central Asia and countries from the Middle East to Japan. The Society hosts lectures and encourages debate on a wide variety of topics, from political history and current affairs, military affairs, culture, literature and the arts, exploration and the environment.
To achieve its objectives, the Society seeks to provide a balanced programme of activities and publications which, while not neglecting the past, gives a span of opportunities for members to keep up-to-date with developments in Asian countries and for discussions on a broad and diverse range of topics of common interest to Asia and the West.
Our objectives are:
- to promote learning and advance education in the subject of, and with regard to, all the countries of Asia;
- to create environments conducive to the objectives of the Society;
- to conserve all of the Society’s valuable archives, photographic and written;
- to develop all kinds of channels for the wider knowledge and understanding of the Society’s heritage and current Activities.
Travel and Adventure Award
The Royal Society for Asian Affairs invites applications from individuals who will be aged 18-25 at the time of the proposed trip, for the RSAA Travel and Adventure Award (formerly the Sir Peter Holmes Memorial Award for Travel).
The award will be made on the basis of originality, coherence, evidence of background knowledge, and the degree to which the project is likely to add to general understanding of the area chosen and/or to benefit local people or the applicant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project eligibility:
- Projects involving travel in a country or countries of Asia and relating to the geography, history, politics, environmental conservation, culture or art of the area to be visited.
- Any part of Asia, including the Middle East, may be chosen.
- Travel should be organized by individuals themselves and not part of a group organized by another organization.
- Applicant eligibility:
- Age 18-25 at the time of the proposed trip.
- Preference will be given to projects that are not requirements
in an academic or other course and ideally should not be part of or
related to the curriculum of the applicant’s current course.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RSAA Travel and Adventure Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.