RSC Undergraduate Research Bursary
Royal Society of ChemistrySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,700
Anticipated deadline: Feb 25, 2020 4:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Ireland, United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We offer bursaries to fund undergraduate summer research placements in chemistry-related research areas.
These research bursaries are to fund short (6-8 weeks) summer research projects for undergraduate chemistry students in the middle years of their course within a university department to work on an actual research project. The purpose of the awards is to give experience of research to undergraduates with research potential and to encourage them to consider a career in scientific research.
The bursary is worth £250 per week (£275 in London) for up to 8 weeks to cover a defined research placement.
Please note that any financial support for the project obtained from other sources must be made known to us as soon as possible so that, if necessary, we can re-allocate our funds accordingly and use our resources in the most effective way.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to apply for the Bursary, the following criteria must be met:
- The student applying must be in the middle years of their first degree (i.e. year 2 of 3 or years 2 or 3 of 4) at the time of their application. Applications from first- or finalyear undergraduates or from graduates will not be considered.
- Mature students are eligible to apply, but must not have a previous degree in any subject.
- The student must be registered at a UK or Republic of Ireland Institution (whether full-time or part-time) for the majority of their undergraduate degree in the chemical sciences.
- The student must not be in receipt of financial support from other sources for the project that is the subject of application.
- The project must not count towards the student’s academic credits, be used for expeditions or be conducted overseas for more than 50% of the project time.
- The student’s supervisor must be conducting research in the chemical sciences at a university, research institution or business located within the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- Applications from first- or final-year undergraduates or from graduates will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RSC Undergraduate Research Bursary by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.