RSC Undergraduate Research Bursary
Royal Society of Chemistry
Grant amount: Up to £1,700
Anticipated deadline: Feb 27, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Ireland, United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Royal Society of Chemistry is offering bursaries to fund undergraduate summer research placements in chemistry-related research areas.
These research bursaries are to fund short (6-8 weeks) summer research projects for undergraduate chemistry students in the middle years of their course within a university department working on an actual research project. The purpose of the awards is to give experience of research to undergraduates with research potential and to encourage them to consider a career in scientific research.
The purpose of the awards is to give experience of research to undergraduates with research potential and to encourage them to consider a career in scientific research.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
In order to apply for the bursary, the following eligibility criteria must be met. Please note that meeting the eligibility set out in these Guidelines will not automatically result in you being entitled to, or you being made an offer of, a bursary, and allocation of a bursary shall be at the RSC’s absolute discretion:
- Only one application may be submitted per student.
- The student applying must be in the middle years of their first degree (i.e. year 2 of 3 or years 2 or 3 of 4) at the time of their application.
- Mature students are eligible to apply, but must not have a previous degree in any subject.
- The student must be registered at a UK or Republic of Ireland institution (whether full-time or part-time) for the majority of an undergraduate degree in the chemical sciences.
- The student must not be in receipt of financial support from other sources for the project which is the subject of application.
- The project must not count towards the student’s academic credits, be used for expeditions or be conducted overseas for more than 50% of the project time.
- The supervisor must be conducting research in the chemical sciences at a university, research institution or business located within the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- Strictly no more than four students from an individual institution will be funded.
- Please bear in mind that this is a national scheme with a limited number of bursaries.
- Applications from students applying to undertake research at an institution other than where they are studying constitute an application from the home institution, rather than the host.
- Applications from first- or final-year undergraduates or from graduates will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RSC Undergraduate Research Bursary by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.