RSTMH Small Grants
Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Deadline: Apr 2, 2018 5:00am PDT
Applicant type: Working Professional Unaffiliated Researcher Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Purpose of small grants
- Field expenses, including salaries or per diems
- Field transport
- Items of equipment or software
- Neglected tropical diseases, with a particular focus on their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Malaria, with a particular focus on drug resistance
- One Health and wider planetary health.
- The consideration of human health alongside animal health, and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors
- Topical issues including, but not limited to, emerging diseases
- Drug resistant infections
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants for a small grant can be based anywhere in the world and can be of any nationality.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be early in their career, though we will not define this in terms of years of work or study
- Have a clear research plan for which they are seeking support
- Ideally be employed by or affiliated to an organisation, though we will consider applications from those not affiliated or employed
- Demonstrate limited alternative sources of funding
- Have access to adequate supervision
- Have the appropriate insurance to carry out the research
- Hold a registered bank account
- Be a RSTMH member.
- Applications can be submitted from non-members but, if successful, winners would need to join RSTMH
- Have not received a RSTMH small grant in the last two years
- Submit only one application for a small grant per year
- Applications must not be for retrospective work.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Non-members can apply for a small grant but, if successful, would be required to join RSTMH before receiving their small grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RSTMH Small Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.