RSTMH Small Grants
Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and HygieneSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2021 9:00am PDT
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Fields of work: Malaria Tropical Diseases Epidemiology & Public Health
Applicant type: Working Professional, Unaffiliated Researcher, Graduate Student, Faculty, Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save
Purpose of small grants
- Field expenses, including salaries or per diems
- Field transport
- Items of equipment or software
- Neglected tropical diseases, with a particular focus on their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Malaria, with a particular focus on drug resistance
- One Health and wider planetary health.
- The consideration of human health alongside animal health, and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors
- Topical issues including, but not limited to, emerging diseases
- Drug resistant infections
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants for a small grant can be based anywhere in the world and can be of any nationality.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be early in their career, though we will not define this in terms of years of work or study
- Have a clear research plan for which they are seeking support
- Ideally be employed by or affiliated to an organisation, though we will consider applications from those not affiliated or employed
- Demonstrate limited alternative sources of funding
- Have access to adequate supervision
- Have the appropriate insurance to carry out the research
- Hold a registered bank account
- Be a RSTMH member.
- Applications can be submitted from non-members but, if successful, winners would need to join RSTMH
- Have not received a RSTMH small grant in the last two years
- Submit only one application for a small grant per year
- Grants awarded cannot be transferred to other individuals or institutions.
- Applications must not be for retrospective work.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Non-members can apply for a small grant but, if successful, would be required to join RSTMH before receiving their small grant.